Bringing Functionality and Confidence to Your Smile
Having few or no healthy, functioning teeth can drastically affect your quality of life. At Pacific Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, our team understands how transformative a new smile can be, and we will design a solution to restore your oral health and smile.
We offer a revolutionary procedure that allows our surgeons to replace an entire arch of teeth using several strategically placed dental implants. Full-arch restoration provides a brand new set of teeth that look and function just like healthy, natural teeth.
Benefits of Full-Arch Restoration
Replacing an entire arch of teeth using dental implants provides several advantages over more traditional forms of tooth replacement.
- Permanent and Secure. Dental implants act as the base for your new set of teeth, permanently securing them in place. Unlike removable prostheses, such as dentures, you don’t need to worry about your teeth falling out while you eat or speak.
- Minimal Special Care. Once your dental implant sites heal, you can care for your new teeth in a similar manner as regular teeth. They require daily oral hygiene practices such as brushing and flossing, and you may need to visit your dentist for an occasional adjustment. There is no risk of losing your teeth and no need for extra products like denture adhesives or cleaning solutions.
- Immediate Results. In many cases, your doctor will fit a set of temporary teeth for you to use while your implant sites heal, allowing you to enjoy your beautiful smile as soon as you leave.
- Minimized Healing Time. Our surgeons can strategically angle the dental implants to maximize hold and security. These advances in dental implant technology eliminate the need for excessive bone grafting procedures or the need to restore each tooth with individual implants, which require additional procedures and recovery time.
- Health Benefits. The dental implants that secure your new set of teeth promote bone health. The implant posts stimulate the bone beneath the teeth, which prevents bone loss and promotes overall oral health.
- Natural-Looking. Many people feel held back by their missing teeth. Full-arch restoration completely restores your smile and facial aesthetics. You can feel confident with the natural-looking results you see from treatment.
How Does Full-Arch Restoration Work?
At Pacific Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, we customize each full-arch restoration plan to serve your individual needs. One of our skilled and experienced surgeons will first perform a thorough oral exam and consultation, and take 3D scans as necessary to design your treatment plan. Our practice offers a variety of anesthesia and sedation options to ensure you are as comfortable as possible during any procedure.
At the start of the surgery, any teeth remaining in the arch will be extracted. The oral surgeon will place your dental implants using custom surgical guides. After the procedure is over, your temporary set of teeth will be placed, and you will be driven home by the responsible adult that accompanied you to the procedure. Once your implant sites have healed, your permanent set of teeth will be secured to the dental implants.
Am I a Candidate for Full-Arch Restoration?
If you need to replace many missing or failing teeth, full-arch restoration may be the solution for you. You may be a candidate for this tooth restoration procedure if:
- Most or all of your upper or lower arch of teeth are missing or failing.
- You wear removable dentures.
- You are healthy enough to undergo most dental procedures, such as a tooth extraction.
- You desire a permanent solution to tooth loss.
One of our experienced oral surgeons will assess your condition and form a treatment plan that addresses your oral health needs. We offer a variety of tooth replacement options, from dental implant-supported bridges to full-arch replacement and more. To schedule your consultation today, contact us in one of our convenient locations in Auburn, WA, Federal Way, WA, Renton, WA, Maple Valley, WA, or Puyallup, WA. One of our team members will be happy to answer any questions you have.