Your First Visit
This first appointment is where you will get to know one of our oral surgeons: Dr. Rick Edwards, Dr. Carl Johnson, and Dr. Ben Johnson. This appointment allows your surgeon to evaluate your needs and design a custom treatment plan just for you.
- Financing and payment plans available
- Five offices located around southern Seattle
- Clean and comfortable waiting areas
What to Bring
Complete your registration forms online to save time in the office on the day of your consultation. We ask that you arrive 10 minutes early and bring the following items with you:
- Your referral paperwork and any additional information or scans from your referring doctor or dentist (you can have your referring doctor send this information to us ahead of time.)
- A list of any medications, supplements, or natural remedies you are currently taking
- A list of all allergies
- Your medical history, including any existing medical conditions
- Your medical and/or dental insurance information
- Your payment information (credit card, etc.)
Parents of Minors
Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to the consultation appointment.
What to Expect
Your oral surgeon will evaluate your condition and possibly take some digital scans or X-rays of your mouth to assess your condition. We will fully explain your diagnosis, go over treatment options, and answer any questions you have to ensure that you feel as informed and comfortable as possible.
Each of our offices utilizes advanced 3D scanning technology to accurately diagnose and treat patients.
Financial & Insurance Information
We accept personal checks as well as Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, and Discover® cards as forms of payment. We also offer payment plan options to make our services more accessible.
While we understand that price can be a factor in receiving treatment, we firmly believe the most important factors in choosing PNWOMS are our experience, our specialized surgeons, advanced treatment options, and superior results. We provide our patients with affordable payment solutions through GreenSky in order to make quality care more accessible. You may choose from several popular plans that allow you to make affordable monthly payments toward your new smile over 6, 60, or 90 months options.
- Wisdom tooth removal—as low as $45 per month
- Single implant with extraction (surgical only)—as low as $69 per month
- Smile Complete full-arch restoration—as low as $473 per month
During your consultation, our Patient Care Consultant can assist you with scheduling your procedure during your first visit with us.
- 2–3 minute qualification process
- Instant approvals
- Low monthly payments
Are you ready to take the first step? Click below.
CareCredit offers some interest-free payment plans for healthcare-related services. Certain fees and interest rates apply if the balance is not paid within the interest-free period or if a payment is missed. Please let us know at least 1 full day before your surgery if you have applied for CareCredit.
Click here to learn more about financing your oral surgery treatment through CareCredit.
How to Talk to Your Child About Oral Surgery
At Pacific Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, our doctors see a range of patients for a variety of procedures, including young children. As parents, we want to prepare our children the best we can for surgery. Here are some talking points to consider when discussing oral surgery with your child:
- It is good practice to avoid words such as hurt or pain that children can hear. Likewise, indicating to a child that this won’t hurt or saying something like she will not hurt you registers to the child as something that probably will, in fact, hurt.
- Bring the child to a consultation so that they can see the environment and the staff can individualize how to treat the child.
- Let your child interact with the oral surgeon and staff.
- Talk about the treatment plan because preparation can alleviate anxiety and better prepare them for a successful oral surgery experience. Kids of all ages cope better when they know what is going on and why.
- Talk to your child through discomfort and anxieties and always stay informed so that you are there to answer any questions. Provide reassurance that the procedure is happening to improve his or her overall oral health and well-being.
- Follow pre- and post-operative instructions closely to ensure your child’s procedure and recovery is as smooth as possible
Our practice also offers EXPAREL®, an alternative pain management option that is administered to the surgical site and provides prolonged pain relief for up to 72 hours. Visit the anesthesia page on our website to learn more about anesthesia and alternative pain relief options. It is important to remain informed and comfortable throughout every step of the process. Please use the following resources on our site to learn more information about some procedures that we regularly treat children for.