Thank you to everyone who attended our spring event. Stay tuned for details on our next session.
What is the Pacific Northwest Academic Advantage program?
The Pacific Northwest Academic Advantage program is the perfect opportunity for your child to learn more about pursuing a career in the medical or dental field. For students who are interested in learning more about a healthcare career, our Academic Advantage program can give them the perspective they need to succeed. There are many steps you and your child can take now to prepare them for a future in health care, and we are here to help you navigate them.
It’s never too early to prepare for your future, and at Pacific Northwest Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, we believe that the more prepared you are, the better off you will be. Our Academic Advantage program will provide your child with the knowledge and support they need to be successful. We encourage you to RSVP to our free event today if your child is at all interested in becoming a dentist, doctor, oral surgeon, or other healthcare professional.
What will participants of the Academic Advantage program learn?
We search the community for professionals who can provide your child with everything they need to know about succeeding in the healthcare field. From college admissions representatives and educational counselors to local dentists, oral surgeons, and other medical personnel, we bring together a panel of professionals who will help you and your child navigate the roadmap for success. Academic Advantage program participants can expect to gain insight about
- What steps they can take now to get started in pursuing a medical/dental career
- How to make their college application stand out and get noticed
- The typical process of college admissions
- The necessary steps for completing education and training required of healthcare professionals
- What a typical day looks like for a dental or medical professional
- What makes a career in health care so rewarding